Obesity or overweight is a condition characterized by excessive deposition or storage of fat on the belly, buttocks, breasts and thighs. This may lead to Diabetes, Hypertension and Arthritis.
- Eat honey, fresh rice gruel and barley meal. For barley meal, the seeds are roasted and ground to flour, which is then mixed with water and/or honey (optional), and rolled into a dough. This is very good for weight loss.
- Avoid eating all sorts of fried, oily, greasy, heavy foods, which are difficult to digest.
- Also avoid sweets and newly harvested or brewed (Picchil) foods like new curd, new grains and new alcohol, which have been stored or matured for less than a year.
- Also keep meats, milk products, jaggery and white flour products to a minimum, since they lead to weight increase.
- Vegetables like bitter gourd and bitter drumsticks are useful.
- Taking of honey is an excellent home remedy for obesity. Take a daily tablespoon with hot water.
- Fasting on honey and lime juice is highly beneficial in the treatment of obesity without the loss of energy and appetite. In this mode of treatment, one teaspoonful of fresh honey should be mixed with a juice of half a lime in a glass of lukewarm water. It can be taken several times a day at regular intervals.
Controlling eating habits, Regular exercise, yoga pranayama, Avoiding excess consumption of alcohol, Avoid a sedentary lifestyle. Sleeping during the day, reclining on a sofa and soft chairs, and a lethargic way of life should be given up. USE AYURVEDGURU SLIM AG POWDER, A NATURAL AYURVEDIC PRODUCT FOR WEIGHT LOSS.
A diet that helps to reduce obesity:
- Early Morning - A glass of warm water mixed with the juice of half a lemon. A teaspoonful of honey can be added if you like.
- Breakfast - Wheat or Mung (green beans) sprouts and one cup skimmed milk.
- Mid Morning- A glass of orange, pineapple or carrot juice.
- Lunch - Salad of raw vegetables such as carrot, beet, cucumber, cabbage, tomatoes. In case you can not digest raw vegetables, either steam or boil them. Whole grain bread or whole wheat chapatis (Indian recipe) and a glass of buttermilk. It will be good to add some roasted cumin seeds, green coriander leaves, a little salt and some grated ginger in the buttermilk.
- Mid Afternoon - Coconut water or dry fruits or lemon tea or vegetable soup.
- Dinner - Whole grain bread or chapatis, steamed vegetables and any seasonal fruit except banana and apple.